Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Letter from Front Office


I really appreciated the letter I received from Mr. David Alioto, Executive Vice President of the Q's. His letter was very professional and we can agree to disagree on this one. I sincerely appreciate the organization's willingness to provide me a refund on my season tickets (their policy is that all tickets sold are non-refundable). My decision to end my affiliation with the Q's was just that - my decision. I could have continued to attend games sans drum, but have chosen not to do so.

A couple of questions did come up for me after reading the letter:

(1) "Allowing four (4) drums only in Section 109 has enhanced the fan interaction not only in Section 109 but throughout the entire stadium on game days." The 4-drum policy was enacted only a few days before the next game and this letter was received by me shortly after that game. So how was this "success" measured? What variables were used to measure "fan interaction" through out the stadium? All of this was discovered only after one game?

(2) "Fan Relations and Guest Services have received nothing but positive responses to the new changes..." What was my letter? A non-response? Again - all of this was determined only after one game?

Message to the Earthquakes: Establish you policies BEFORE the start of the season so all of your fans understand them (don't just communicate them to the supporter groups). Use an entire season to evaluate the policies. Changing them all of the time and mid-season confuses fans and stadium staff.

No comments: